We are Mackintosh Munro Limited with registered number SC209452 and address Ghuilbin House, Grampian Road, Aviemore, PH22 1RH. Our Data Protection Lead can be contacted at email@example.com. We have produced this privacy notice in order to keep you informed of how we handle your personal data. All handling of your personal data is done in compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("Data Protection Legislation"). The terms "Personal Data", "Special Categories of Personal Data", "Personal Data Breach", "Data Protection Officer", "Data Controller", "Data Processor", "Data Subject" and "process" (in the context of usage of Personal Data) shall have the meanings given to them in the Data Protection Legislation. "Data Protection Lead" is the title given to the member of staff leading our data protection compliance programme in lieu of a requirement for a Data Protection Officer.
What are your rights?
When reading this notice, it might be helpful to understand that your rights arising under Data Protection Legislation include:
- The right to be informed of how your Personal Data is used (through this notice);
- The right to access any personal data held about you;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you;
- The right to erasure where it cannot be justified that the information held satisfies any of the criteria outlined in this policy, or where you have withdrawn consent;
- The right to prevent processing for direct marketing purposes, scientific/historical research or in any such way that is likely to cause substantial damage to you or another, including through profile building; and
- The right to object to processing that results in decisions being made about you by automated processes and prevent those decisions being enacted.
You can exercise your right to access personal data held about you by contacting email@example.com with the subject line: "Subject Access Request". When you submit a 'subject access request', you will need to provide confirmation of your identity by including a photocopy of your driver’s license or passport. This service is provided free of charge and our response will be made within thirty (30) days, unless our Data Protection Lead deems your request as being excessive or unfounded. If this is the case, we will inform you of our reasonable administration costs in advance and/or any associated delays, giving you the opportunity to choose whether you would like to pursue your request. If you believe we have made a mistake in evaluating your request, please see the section 'Who can you complain to?'.
If you have questions about any of the rights mentioned in this section, please contact our Data Protection Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is the Data Controller?
- If we have collected your personal data directly from you for our own purposes, we are the Data Controller.
- If we have purchased your personal data from a third-party for our own purposes, we are the Data Controller. Where we have purchased your personal data, we will contact you to let you know before we first start to use it, or, at the latest, within one month of acquiring it.
- If we have been passed your personal data from a third-party for our own purposes, we are the Data Controller. We will contact you to let you know before we first start to use it, or, at the latest, within one month of acquiring it.
- If we have been passed your personal data from a third-party for a joint purpose that we both influence, we are the joint Data Controller. We will contact you to let you know before we first start to use your data, or, at the latest, within one month of acquiring it.
- If your data has been passed to us by a third party for processing under their instruction, that third party is the Data Controller. They should have notified you that they would be passing your personal data to us, Mackintosh Munro Limited, at the time they collected your data and within their own privacy notices/standards. For a list of Data Controllers that we process personal data for, the section below ‘Third Party Interests’.
- If we have received your personal data as part of a business to business relationship, the Data Controller is your employer.
What are the lawful bases for processing personal data?
Under Data Protection Legislation, there must be a ‘lawful basis’ for the use of personal data. The lawful bases are :
- a) 'your consent';
- b) 'performance of a contract';
- c) 'compliance with a legal obligation';
- d) 'protection of your, or another’s vital interests';
- e) 'public interest/official authority'; and
- f) 'our legitimate interests'.
What are our 'legitimate interests'?
Legitimate interests are a flexible basis upon which the law permits the processing of an individual's personal data. To determine whether we have a legitimate interest in processing your data, we balance the needs and benefits to us against the risks and benefits for you of us processing your data. This balancing is performed as objectively as possible by our Data Protection Lead. You are able to object to our processing and we shall consider the extent to which this affects whether we have a legitimate interest.
About our processing of your data
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
|Reference||What categories of information about you do we process?||Why are we processing your data?||Where did we get your personal data from?|
||Direct marketing to former, current and prospective clients. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained or by referral from existing clients/partners/suppliers.|
||To understand how you use our website, how you reached us and how long you spend on our website, in order to analyse our performance and improve our service. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained or indirectly obtained through a client's website (notice given at the point of collection).|
||To combat fraud, we share information of clients who instruct the payment issuer to cancel payments to us without first informing us of why and/or allowing us the opportunity to issue a refund with credit reference agencies. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'protection of your, or another's vital interests'.||Directly obtained or indirectly obtained through a client's website (notice given at the point of collection).|
||When you send us information about you by posting on a forum or blog, we will store this information in order to make it available for viewing on the website. You consent is obtained at the time of posting and via reference to this notice. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'your consent'.||Directly obtained or indirectly obtained through a client's website (notice given at the point of collection).|
||We might record calls for training and/or auditing purposes. We also collect Calling Line Identification information. This is used to help improve the efficiency and accountability of our customer services. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained.|
|Email and Web Contact||
||If you contact us through our website or by email, we will use the information you send in order to respond to your enquiry or complaint. This information will be kept in order to improve our service to you overall. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained or indirectly obtained through our website (notice given at the point of collection).|
||If you make a purchase with us, we will add your contact information to our marketing list and send you information we think you might be interested in. This processing is conducted lawfully on the basis of 'our legitimate interests'.||Directly obtained.|
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- to record your activity during a web cast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode.
What happens if I refuse to give Mackintosh Munro Limited my personal data?
The information about you that we have collected for the performance of our contracts is required in order for us to successfully fulfil our obligations to you. If you choose not to provide the personal data requested, we will not be able to enter into a contract with you to provide the benefits we offer. If we are already processing your personal information under a contract, you must end our contractual relationship (as/where permitted) in order to exercise some of your rights.
We process some personal information as part of a contractual relationship with a Data Controller. Any requests to restrict this type of processing should be forwarded to the Data Controller; they will be responsible for discussing your concerns and making any decisions.
What are Mackintosh Munro Limited's 'legitimate interests'?
Legitimate interests are a flexible basis upon which the law permits the processing of an individual’s personal data. To determine whether we have a legitimate interest in processing your data, we balance the needs and benefits to us against the risks and benefits for you of us processing your data. This balancing is performed as objectively as possible by our Data Protection Lead. You are able to object to our processing and we shall consider the extent to which this affects whether we have a legitimate interest. If you would like to find out more about our legitimate interests, please contact email@example.com.
What profiling or automated decision making do we perform?
Mackintosh Munro Limited does not perform any profiling or automated decision making based on your personal data.
How long will your personal data be kept?
Mackintosh Munro Limited holds different categories of personal data for different periods of time. Wherever possible, we will endeavour to minimise the amount of personal data that we hold and the length of time for which it is held.
- If 'consent' is the basis for our lawful processing of your data, we will retain your data so long as both the purpose for which it was collected, and your consent, are still valid. We review the status of your consent every twelve (12) months and treat non-response to our requests for renewal of consent as if they were your request to withdraw consent. Occasionally, we might identify a legitimate interest in retaining some of your personal data that has been obtained by consent. If we do, we will inform you that we intend to retain it under these conditions and identify the interest specifically.
- Identity, Contact and Transaction Data are held indefinitely (subject to object by the individual, or individual’s having left our client’s business) in order to provide a superior service to returning customers.
- If we process your data on the basis of ‘legitimate interests’, we will retain your data for so long as the purpose for which it is processed remains active. We review the status of our legitimate interests every twelve (12) months and will update this notice whenever we determine that either a legitimate interest no longer exists or that a new one has been found.
- All categories of personal data that are held by us because they are essential for the performance of a contract, will be held for a period of six years, as determined by reference to the Limitations Act 1980, for the purposes of exercising or defending legal claims.
Who else will receive your personal data?
Mackintosh Munro Limited passes your data to the third parties listed in the section ‘Third Party Interests’ below, for the purposes of providing our services to you, and for no other purpose.
Does your data leave the EU?
Mackintosh Munro Limited uses overseas web and IT providers. Details of what data is sent where, and the safeguards in place, are included in the section ‘Third Party Processors’ below.
Third Party Interests
|Name of Third Party Controller||What processing are we performing for them?||If applicable - who is their representative within the EU?|
|HMRC, regulatory authorities or other authorities||We are joint Controller with these authorities who require reporting of processing in some situations||N/A|
|Postal/Courier Providers||Where these providers act as Data Controller, we are joint Controller with them for the purposes of sending you physical documents.||N/A|
Who can you complain to?
In addition to sending us your complaints directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, you can send complaints to our supervisory authority. As Mackintosh Munro Limited predominantly handles the personal data of UK nationals, our supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you believe that we have failed in our compliance with data protection legislation, complaints to this authority can be made by visiting ico.org.uk.
Read What Our
David and Barbara were extremely delighted to use Caledonia Estate Agents for the sale of our house.
The professionalism ,and the personal care was wonderful , as due to a buyer,further down the chain pulling out, it was quite a difficult time for Sophia and ourselves.
It was a pleasure to have Sophia as our sales person, and without hesitation, we would highly recommend Caledonia Estate Agents.
David and Barbara.
Having used Caledonia estate agents in past with previous property sales, we know they would understand and listen to what we want out of a sale.
Darren is very honest and will go the extra mile to get the best for both buyers and sellers.
He understood and listened to everything we were after and found us the perfect buyers.
Not only that but he worked around us and we helped as best we could to get the best result. He was very proactive and made sure we were in communication about viewings and the selling process.
Even though Caledonia valuation was lower than another estate agent, once we had it valued by a surveyor he was correct and realistic rather than over valuing our property and being left with a property on the market to long.
We would 100% recommend all aspects of working with Caledonia and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.
Emma & Jamie - Carrbridge
We are extremely happy with the service that Darren provided us. He is very positive and honest. He was very quick to address and reassure us with any concerns or issues we had, and found answers to our questions promptly. This made the whole process very smooth, this minimised the stress that comes with purchasing a property. Very professional service, would highly recommend! Thank you Darren!
Isobel & Grant - Kingussie
Sophia was always friendly & polite, her advice was honest and when the offer was made she kept me right about next steps. Sophia then contacted me as the sale was finalised to make sure I was happy with everything.
Also special mention to Siobhan in the office who is polite & friendly over the phone.
Highly recommended Sophia & Caledonia Estate Agency.
Gillian - Carrbridge
A huge thank you to Darren McConnell @Caledonia Estate Agency with the sale of our flat in Aviemore, Darren went above and beyond with our purchase, helping us complete the marketing and sale remotely throughout the entire process, communicating clearly and efficiently as well as chasing solicitors where needed. I would highly recommend Caledonia estate agency and particularly Darren based on our experience Thank you.
Gordon - Aviemore
We received fantastic advice from Darren both before the house went to market and in getting it on the market. He handled all the viewings and found a buyer within days. He then spent the next few weeks helping to agree the deal and getting it over the line. A fantastic service from start to finish, we would highly recommend.
Barry and Caroline.
We highly recommend Caledonia Estate Agency and the first class service we received from Darren, who was so helpful, professional, and knowledgeable, keeping us updated all the time, with such thought and care. Very approachable and always there to help throughout selling process, photos and video were excellent quality, Thank you.
Deborah - Aviemore
"Absolute pleasure working with Darren who we have both bought and sold a house with now. Unrivalled knowledge of the local market, he really cares about his clients and is always open and honest to both buyers and sellers on any deal. Can't recommend highly enough"
Al & Becca - Aviemore
“I couldn’t recommend Caledonia Estate agency enough. The whole process of selling our property was simple and seamless and you couldn’t have been more helpful or on hand even though you had just become a daddy for the first time. Our sale was an emotional one and it was handled sensitively and you where so accommodating of us. The enthusiasm you have for the sale of our house translated very quickly into views and genuine offers and we couldn’t have asked for and easier process. We valued your knowledge and professionalism and we would have no hesitation in highly recommending Caledonia Estate Agency.”
Clare - Carrbridge
Darren came highly recommended by friends in the village.
We gave him a challenging brief:
- an off market private sale with no publicity
- a short time scale
Within a week Darren had a shortlist of vetted buyers identified from his black book and keen to view and by the end of the second week he had secured an offer that exceed our expectations and his target price!
Enthusiastic, an excellent communicator and someone who does what he says he will, Darren made the process look easy in the way that only an expert who is really great at their job can do.
Craig - Kincraig
Darren was very good at making everything really simple for us when selling our house. He explained everything clearly and maintained great communication throughout. Our experience was great and I would recommend Calendonia to anyone looking to sell or buy. Darren is knowledgeable about the area and the landscape and had a professional and friendly attitude that really helped us to remain calm in what could have been a stressful situation.
Thank you for everything - your hard work was really appreciated.
Fiona - Grantown-on-Spey
Caledonia Estate Agency, and Darren the estate agent in particular, were fantastic to deal with. From initial visit, all the way through to the sale of our property, they were extremely professional, approachable and efficient. The online brochure they created showed our house in the best light, and added extras like the drone footage just elevated it to another level. So much so we sold within a week of it going live! Would use them again for sure, although hopefully won't be needing their services too soon in the near future! Moving is stressful!
Ross Nimmo - Carrbridge
We purchased a new apartment from Caledonia Estate Agency in August 2022. It was a new build apartment in Aviemore which we paid a deposit for in April 2021. Due to the after effects of the Covid-19 Pandemic there were delays with materials and recruitment issues which were outwith the developer’s control. We dealt with Darren McConnell, Estate Agent who I can imagine received a lot of hassle because of the delays, we found him very approachable and contactable at all times, he was honest with us and kept us informed. If we had any questions he was very helpful and answered as best he could. When the properties were being released in stages he did everything he could to ensure we gained entry to our property at the earliest possible date. Aviemore is quite a small community, we often meet Darren out and about and he always stops and says hello which shows his customer service is second to none as he still takes the time to talk to us even though our business transaction with his company is complete. If we had a requirement to use Caledonia Estate Agency again we would not hesitate.
Having a property to sell in Aviemore, we used Darren as he was recommended by a neighbour. Right from day one I knew we were in good hands. Darren was excellent at explaining the selling process, he literally did every thing for us. As Darren is local to the area he knows exactly what to say to potential buyers, he is honest, reliable and was always quick in getting back to us with any answers to questions we had. He sold our property within a week and that was 100% down to Darren’s amazing selling skills. He made the whole process easy and at no point did we not know what was going on as Darren always kept us updated. We cannot recommend Darren from Caledonia Estate Agency enough. A huge thanks to you and your team
We bought our house through Caledonia estate agency. We found Julia and Darren to be really nice, helpful and friendly. I believe that they both really put their hearts into selling houses and they enjoy what they do as it shows in how they deal with their clients. They genuinely seemed really excited for us when we collected the keys on handover day. They did a great job from start to finish and I’d recommend getting in touch with them if you need to buy or sell a house.
Anna - Baldow Kincarig
Couldn’t recommend Caledonia estate agents highly enough. Darren was absolutely first class. We are from Glasgow and desperately wanted to buy in Aviemore, when we met Darren for the first viewing he was so knowledgable about the area. He simply could not have been more helpful, professional and friendly, and he made the whole process really enjoyable.
Really grateful to Caledonia for making us feel welcome, would seriously recommend to anyone looking to buy or sell. 10/10.
How Much is Your Property Worth?
If you’re looking to get the best possible price, in the shortest period of time, at the least inconvenience to you - look no further - connect with us today!Book a Valuation